Work for Yourself@50+ is a comprehensive program to help you learn about self-employment and make the decisions that are right for you. In this workshop you will find step-by-step information on how to start a business and generate additional income, as well as get access to additional resources and mentors to help you get started on your self-employment journey.
AARP Foundation’s Work for Yourself@50+ initiative will help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
1. A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
2. Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
3. A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
4. Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
5. Ways to find trustworthy support and services
About Duquesne University
The Duquesne University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offers confidential consulting services and training workshops for small businesses and those who are thinking of starting a business in southwestern Pennsylvania.